School type: Academy Converter
Education Phase: Senior
Local authority: Norfolk
Age range: 11 – 16
Case Study Name
Cromer Academy is a secondary school in North Norfolk, offering an excellent education to the young people of this lively coastal community. We believe all our students are ‘exceptional, without exception’ – making it our goal to unlock their potential, wherever it may lie.
A complete turnkey project for a food technology classroom for Cromer Academy. This project involved changing the room layout, door locations and walls. After the building works, the room was plastered and decorated using vinyl paint. Electrics were chased into the concrete floor and then a new vinyl floor was fitted. A new suspended floor was fitted along with new lighting for the classroom.
Installation of the food technology classroom then began with the under bench furniture followed by Velstone worktops to provide a near seamless work surface.
To reduce cost freestanding cookers with self contained hobs were installed, both gas and electric were used.
The project comprised of
- Building works
- Installation of steel work for new door ways and removal of walls.
- Liaising with building control during installation.
- Decorating and making good.
- Installation of suspended ceiling and lighting.
- Installation of M&E and lab grade flooring
- Manufacture and installation of food technology classroom furniture
- Supply and installation of white goods, comprising of free standing cookers and fridges.