A turnkey refurbishment of two laboratories and a prep room was carried our for Harrow College. Alongside the classrooms, refurbishment of additional store room and storage furniture in the corridors was also provided as part of the project.
This was an extensive programme of works which included full strip out of existing facilities, building works to the rooms and a new ceiling. All walls and areas were made good prior to decoration and installation of new flooring.
The college wanted a modern yet traditional look at the same time, the furniture was produced in a maple melamine finish to give an appearance of a more traditional wood finish and the worktops were produced using laboratory grade Trespa Top Lab base 16mm. The chosen layout for the classrooms was the science classroom wing system from InterFocus.
The project comprised of;
- Project management provided throughout the project
- Strip out existing classroom and services
- Small building works were carried to change doorways and run new services in the floor
- Supply and fit new blinds to windows
- Install modern energy efficient lighting
- New suspended ceilings fitted
- Laboratory grade flooring was supplied and installed
- A complete plumbing installation including new waste, water and gas installations.
- All the rooms were fully decorated after main works were complete and prior to installation of the new furniture.
- The wing system was chosen as the main classroom teaching layout, giving the pupils and teachers alike more working space. Storage was key in this project, to maximise storage glass fronted wall cupboards were installed through out the rooms.
- New Electrics and Data connections were installed in the benches and around the perimeter of the classroom.